The roads are horrible here! There has been NO thawing out! And these are not FUN "snow" days because it is even too cold to get outside AND there is NO snow! ALL ICE!

And let me tell you, the news reports- oh so exiting! (sarcasim) How much can you really report on ICE???
I had a plan though! I went to Kroger Sunday evening (along with everyone else in Flower Mound- or at least it felt that way) and stocked up. I had a MEAL PLAN! The crock pot!
This little invention has been my best friend this week. It all started on Monday! Monday morning before heading off to work (which seems like FOR EV VER ago) I put in alot of chicken breasts! We had chicken and veggies for dinner Monday evening and the extra chicken was then used for Tuesday's meal! I love crock pot chicken because it just falls apart! So, I prepared the crock pot, put in the fridge overnight so it would be ready to put in in Tuesday morning before heading off to work. I really thought we would go to work on Tuesday, but we got the text message at 5 AM to stay in bed! Well, I went right to the fridge and put the crock pot on so we would have yummy Chicken Enchillada Soup to each all day long! This is one of our cold weather staple meals! Love it! The girls don't like it though. Too bad for them, they don't know what they are missing out on! Any ways, we ate on this soup for two days! YUMMY! Now, (today Thursday)I have a roast in the crock pot and will do some potatoes and veggies to go with it later today! Can't wait. I am so glad I had a plan for meals b/c there is NO getting out on these roads! And all the food establishments are closed too! Don't blame them!Ok, I did spend two days in PJs, but I did accomplish a few things! Well, few may be too generous of a word! I finished reading The Lost Symbol on my e-reader! This is a great book about Masonic Symbols in Washington DC. Loved it!

Let's see, I also got the kitchen floor mopped yesterday. Hmm, I think that is about it. But I promise I will be more productive today! I already am- I got dressed! LOL!If you are off work- enjoy your time! Take advantage of it! We deserve it!
No comments:
Post a Comment