All four of us survived our first week of school. I can't believe I have a fourth and eight grader!
I am starting my second year at Bluebonnet Elementary! So glad this year had a much calmer start than last year. I don't have to pack up my room and move it in three days. AMEN! I am so lucky because I have a sweet friend teaching with me this year, Hillary Laird. Love this lady!
We also started off the year with a "superhero" making an appearance.
I love it when our leaders can have fun as well. I am looking forward to all that is going to happen this year! We are really moving forward in education! I am excited my children are in LISD and able to be in on these exciting changes.
Courtney started her fourth grade year at a new school. She adjusted well the first week of school and already went home with a friend from her class AND had a friend spend the night at our house. She seems really happy. AND I am glad she is back with me! Here is Courtney in front of her "new" school.
This is Courtney's homeroom teacher, Mrs. Kautz. Court has really enjoyed her first week with Mrs. Kautz and Mrs. Taylor. She will have two teachers this year.
I also used the crock pot for a meal this week. Man, I was wondering if the weekend was ever going to get here. Don't get me wrong- I love the first week of school, but it seemed to last FOREVER! I woke up Wednesday morning and thought "yeah, it's Friday!" Nope, it was only Wednesday. I tried something that I saw on Pinterest. I put chicken and rice in the bottom of my pot, then wrapped some potatoes in foil and put them on top. I was really hoping my chicken would not taste like foil- and it didn't! I will be using the strategy for cooking alot this year!
I also saw this idea on Pinterest for the classroom. And thought I would give it a try in my classroom. Well, I LOVED IT! Check out the class pledge we came up with. My class is full of Rock Stars!
I have 20 sweet boys and girls in my class. I am looking forward to a great year! I hope everyone else who started school got off to a good start as well. God Bless!






No comments:
Post a Comment