background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hawaiin Falls and Fourth of July

Yesterday, the girls and I went to Hawiian Falls in The Colony.  A couple of the girls' friends came as well.  We met Laurel and Faith from Kaylee's softball team there and Avery and Allie from Courtney's school.  Amber, Maddy, and Amory also came with us. We were there for about five hours.  It was soooo much fun.  Amber convinced me to go down a ride where you step onto a platform, the life guard closes a door around you and you wait for the lady to say "Launching in 3,2,1" and the platform drops out from under your feet.  I didn't see any of the slide because my eyes were closed the whole time.  But I would definately do the ride again!  It shoots you out into a funnel at then end.  LOVED IT! There is also a half pipe which was really fun too!




I also swear I put sunscreen all over me, but my chest got burnt.  So I now have my "red" for the Fourth.

Fourth of July
Not much going on here today.  Amber, Brian, Mady and Amory came over for hamburgers and hot dogs.  The girls and I tried to make some festive drinks and strawberries.  This is what we tried to do:

How does it work? the drink with the highest sugar content stays on the bottom...use red fruit punch on the bottom, blue Gatorade in the middle, diet 7-up or sprite on top..... Good for the kids for the 4th!
but this is how ours turned out:
Not quite the same.  Oh well, we tried...Our blue kept mixing with everything.

We also tried to make:
red white blue
And here are ours:



Before lunch, we did a few songs of Wii Just Dance- I forgot how active Just Dance is. We were sweating!!!



So far, that is our Fourth.  We will go out to see Fireworks later. I hope to walk up to Bakersfield to see them this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment